Interest in online personalization is exploding as brands aim to connect with customers and allow customer experience to drive that relationship. Ted Moffatt of Stratigent makes some great points in his recent post about the importance of online personalization. Ted covers a lot of ground here and I found myself nodding throughout.
Bottom line: online personalization is increasingly important to brands.
Check Ted’s list of key questions below. Are you asking these questions? How would you rank them in importance to your organization?
- Do we offer recommendations of a similar product [competitive offers]?
- Do we inform consumers of ancillary product offerings that compliment or enhance their initial product purchase?
- How best can we associate revenue of recommended product purchase in our shopping cart experience?
- Do we allow our end-users’ shopping behavior to drive our targeted content experience?
- Do we included our targeting practices outside of our site environment [display, banner, contextual, email advertising]?
– Randy Hill